Returning Students

Returning Students

studentsAll returning graduate students must resubmit an application. An application processing fee of $25 is required for those students who sat out longer that one full academic year (Fall, Spring, Summer). If you sat out for one to three (consecutive) semesters, then you will not need to submit a new processing fee.

Why? Students who did not continuously register for coursework are considered “No Shows” and automatically withdrawn from the university. This is due to our continuous enrollment policy:

Continuous Enrollment Policy:

Graduate students who fail to enroll or register for any credit bearing course(s) will be classified as No Shows or Abandons and will become inactive in the student system. Students with an inactive status will lose privileges to the library and WebAdvisor. In order to reactivate their student status, students must reapply for admission.

If a graduate student wishes to remain active in the program, but does not intend to take credit bearing course(s), then s/he may schedule at no cost for ED-5600 Continuous Enrollment for a maximum of two consecutive semesters. This program allows you to maintain active status within your respective program. Graduate students will be eligible to enroll in the continuous enrollment course during the registration and add/drop periods. If you are considering the continuous enrollment option, then it is suggested that you contact your advisor. Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Office of Graduate Admissions at 570-662-4812.

Who is eligible for ED-5600: Continuous Enrollment?

  • You must have completed at least one semester of coursework.
  • You are not eligible for this course if you are a first-time student.
  • You are not eligible for this course if you are a readmit who is just returning to school.
  • You may register for the ED-5600: Continuous Enrollment course for the semester you are not planning to take coursework.
  • You must register for this course during the normal registration period or during the Add period.
  • You may register for this course for two continuous semesters only. If you try to register for a third consecutive semester, then you will be withdrawn from the university and must reapply for admission.